Here are some helpful reminders to ensure a successful Lottery process!
- Turn in applications on time! Late applications will be placed at the back of the stack, regardless of the applicant's Lottery number.
- Be on time for all Lottery Selection Nights! Arriving late puts you at the end of your selection group, regardless of your Lottery number.
- If you are serving as a proxy to a student who is unable to be present during lottery bring a signed Lottery Absentee Form (pdf) for that person. Students who are abroad or on-leave should name a proxy but do not need to complete a form.
- You must have a roommate to be eligible to sign up for a double room and three/four roommates to sign up for an apartment.
- If you want to live off campus, you must submit an Off-Campus Application by the deadline.
- If you have questions about the lottery process, please ask them before room selection on your respective night. College officials may not be available to answer all individual questions that night.
- Rising Sophomores: If your numbers are high and you do not receive a room during room selection, please put your name on the wait list for housing. Rooms that open up during the summer are often in better locations than you would have chosen during lottery.
Back to Lottery Homepage