The Alcohol Policy for Davidson College has the following objectives:
1. To encourage students through education and disciplinary actions to obey the laws of North Carolina regarding the use, sale, possession and consumption of alcohol;
2. To encourage students' responsibility for their behavior regarding the consumption of alcohol as prescribed by college regulations, set forth in this policy;
3. To encourage a campus climate which does not tolerate alcohol misuse or abuse;
4. To develop a more creative, healthy, and positive social environment;
5. To provide educational programming that informs students concerning the use and abuse of alcohol from the first to the senior year;
6. To provide a program of intervention, treatment and support for those students who are at risk from the abuse of alcohol; and
7. To establish appropriate disciplinary mechanisms and penalties for those who violate this policy.