1. It is the policy of Davidson College to comply with the laws of the State of North Carolina regarding the use, sale, possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages. This policy applies to, but is not limited to:
a) Events sponsored by the college for trustees, faculty and staff;
b) Events sponsored by the college for alumni and parents;
c) Events sponsored by student organizations such as the Student Government Association (SGA), the College Union, and Patterson Court organizations; and
d) Events covered by the college's ABC license, which include all catered functions in the 900 Room of the College Union and Vail Commons.
2. Alcoholic beverages may not be served to, possessed by, and/or consumed by individuals under the legal drinking age.
3. Alcoholic beverages generally may be consumed by individuals 21 years of age and older in:
a) Private rooms within traditional residence halls, Martin Court Apartments (including apartment porches) and;
b) Patterson Court as defined by the sidewalk along Patterson Court Circle from Patterson Court #1 (The Multicultural House) to Patterson Court #12 (Kappa Alpha Order) and a line continuing from Patterson Court #12 to Vail Commons and back to Patterson Court #1.
c) Turner House (Including Patio and front porch).
4. Alcoholic beverages may also be consumed in other spaces on the campus during specific events, as designated in advance by the Dean of Students.
5. Students of legal age who use alcohol should do so responsibly and in a way that does not compromise the rights and safety of themselves or others.
6. Students of legal age and student organizations should never supply alcohol to underage students.
7. Alcoholic beverages may not be used, sold, possessed or consumed at sporting events, including intramural and club sports, on the Main Campus or the Lake Campus.
8. No funds collected by the college designated for student activities may be used for the purchase of alcoholic beverages for service to persons under the legal drinking age.
9. Davidson College requires that all student organizations that serve alcohol comply with college policies and guidelines regarding liability insurance, which includes coverage relating to the use, sale, possession and consumption of alcoholic beverages. The college will determine the minimum amount of liability coverage organizations need.