William Holt Terry '54
First as student, then as YMCA Secretary, College Chaplain, minister of the Davidson College Presbyterian Church and, finally, as Dean of Students, Will Terry has served his alma mater with passion and integrity for over forty years. Pastor, preacher, counselor and friend, he has encouraged, challenged, advised and consoled the generations of Davidson College.
For this favorite son and citizen of North Carolina, service, leadership, honor and responsibility have been rules for life. Rules that defined vocation, to the great benefit of Davidson College, her students and alumni.
- Because your home and hospitality have become hallmarks of reunion
- Because you have traveled to alumni chapters from Cape Fear to San Francisco
- Because you have sustained and exemplified the historic ties between church and college
- Because you believed in student government and championed the honor code
- Because you always spoke your mind and never shunned the difficult decisions
- Because you greeted us daily in the halls of Chambers, cheered us on the playing fields, and celebrated with us on the Court, up the road, and at the Union
- Because, for you, students were always most important
The Alumni Association, on the occasion of the 40th Reunion of the Class of 1954, proudly presents you, William Holt Terry, its Distinguished Alumnus Award.