During check-out, RLO staff members complete the Check-Out portion of the RCR for each student. Any changes to the state of the room that occurred from the time a student checks-in until they check-out will be considered as damage. RLO professional staff will assess a damage charge for these damages. Damages that will result in charges include, but are not limited to:
- Structural damage (e.g. holes in wall, chipped paint, carpet damage)
- Damage to room fixtures (lights, smoke detector, outlets, etc.)
- Damage to room furniture (partial damage that can be repaired or damages that result in furniture replacement)
- Missing furniture
For a full list of furniture replacement costs, please see Room Condition Guidelines & Damage Charges in the Residence Life Policies and Procedures.
Fines and Fees
The fees including, but not limited to, those listed below may be assessed during the Closing process.
- Late Check-out - up to $250.00
- Improper Check-out (missed check-out time, did not sign RCR) - $50.00
- Improper Check-out (failure to check-out) - $100.00
- Recore for lost key - $40.00 per key
- Cleaning - minimum of $50. Up to $100.
- Large item / furniture removal - $50 each item