215 North Main Street
Built circa 1848, the Carolina Inn is one of the oldest buildings in the town of Davidson. It serves today as home to the Center for Interdisciplinary Studies, enabling students to design interdisciplinary majors.
Originally a hotel and store, it was acquired in 1946 by the college and has served as a meeting place, faculty offices, classrooms and occasionally as a hotel for a VIP guest to the college. The building was designated as a Charlotte Mecklenburg Historical Site in 1977.
Center for Interdisciplinary Studies
Carolina Inn Parlor
The Carolina Inn is located on the west side of Main Street in Davidson between Griffith Street and Depot Street. Parking is available along Concord Road or behind the VAC and ITS buildings accessible from Jackson Street.