1. Students with an overall average of 3.2 are eligible to be considered by their major department for an honors program as early as the spring semester of the sophomore year, but no later than the fall semester of the senior year.
2. Students maintaining at least a 3.2 overall average and at least a 3.5 average in the major and receiving the recommendation of their major department will be graduated with Honors or High Honors in the department of their major.
3. Each department may impose individual requirements in that department in addition to the requirements here specified.
1. Students receive graduation honors based on cumulative GPA as follows:
| 4.000||Summa Cum Laude|
| 3.750 - 3.999||Magna Cum Laude|
| 3.500 - 3.749||Cum Laude|
2. The student with the highest cumulative GPA in the graduating class is designated at Commencement as "First Honor," the student with the next highest cumulative GPA as "Second Honor."