Report all suspicious persons or vehicles seen around parking areas to Campus Police immediately.
- Keep your vehicle locked and the windows rolled up tightly.
- Never leave your vehicle running when unattended.
- When parking, choose a well-lit, heavily traveled area.
- Lock packages, luggage, and other valuables in the trunk.
- Stereos and C.B. radios should be mounted either out of sight or with slide-out brackets. These brackets will permit the removal of the unit for carrying. Or place it in the trunk when the vehicle is unattended. C.B. radio antennas should be magnetic or detachable, and should be stored in the trunk or taken with you.
- Stereos, C.B. radios, and other auto accessories should be marked with a driver license number and registered under Operation Identification.
- Consider having your vehicle's ignition, doors, and trunk keyed differently.
- Keep spare keys in your wallet or purse, not inside the vehicle where a thief can easily find them.
- Consider the installation of anti-theft devices such as alarm systems, hidden ignition or fuel "kill" switches, steering column ignition switch protectors, steering wheel to brake pedal bar locks, tapered door lock buttons, and blocks on the hoods and accessory items, such as gas caps, mag wheels, spare tires, etc.
- Keep a record of your vehicle identification number (VIN), registration plate number, and title certificate number in a separate location.
- Register FACULTY/STAFF Vehicle with the Campus Police.
- Register STUDENT Vehicle with the Campus Police