325 Concord Road
Substantially renovated in 1997, Martin Chemical Laboratory includes lecture halls and twelve laboratory suites equipped for instruction and student-faculty research. The Martin labs' instrumentation is a chemistry major's wish-list, including an array of spectrometers, chromatography systems, an inert atmosphere apparatus, and electroanalytical instruments.
The building was named for William Joseph Martin (1830-1896), professor of chemistry, geology, and natural history (1869-1896) and acting college president (1887-1888) and William Joseph Martin, Jr. (1868-1943), professor of chemistry (1896-1912) and college president (1912-1929).
Laboratories and Facilities:
Thurman Lecture Hall
Chemistry Computer Lab
Martin Chemical is located along Concord Road, facing the Sloan Music Center, at the south end of Chambers Building. Parking is available along Concord Road, Faculty Drive and in visitor parking at Baker Sports Complex.