BEWARE THE IDEAS OF MARCH!
Do you have an idea for a program or enterprise rooted in social change toward the betterment of our community? The Center for Civic Engagement would like to help fund your endeavor! This is just one way that departments are supporting the growing innovation network at Davidson with the mission of community transformation.
Enter your idea by March 22nd and individuals/teams will present ideas in a creative and unique pitch presentations on April 4th. Register at www.tinyurl.com/ideasofmarch.
Guidelines for Entry
- Entries must be unique and your own idea
- Entries must be feasible to implement
- Entries must address an identified need in the community
- Entry may be to benefit a new initiative within an existing organization
- Each person/ team may only submit one entry
- Teams may have no more than 5 members
Guidelines for Presentation
Criteria for Judging
- Thursday, April 4th at 7pm in Hance Auditorium (Chambers)
- 3 minute presentation followed by a 5 minute Q&A
- Standard PC platform will be utilized and presentations will be loaded on computer prior to final event
- 10 slides (email at least 24 hours in advance as judges will be provided with printouts)
- Slide 1: Introduction of Idea
- Slide 2: Identified Community Need
- Slide 3: How Idea Addresses Need
- Slide 4: Target Audience(s)
- Slide 5: Anyone Else with Similar Ideas/ Your Competition
- Slide 6:Current Status of Your Idea
- Slide 7: Strategy for Implementation
- Slide 8: Timeline for Implementation/ Milestones
- Slide 9: Budget
- Slide 10:What does success look like for you and for society?
- 70% Idea (originality, clearly defined need, convincing plan for realizing the idea, evidence of interest)
- 30% Presentation (Materials, delivery, Q&A, time management)
Prizes (Monetary Prizes Made Possible Due to the Generosity of The Bonner Foundation)
- $2,000 – First Prize
- $1,000 – Second Prize
- Recognition at Celebration of Service on Thursday, April 18th
Your ideas can change the world! Start now!