Location: New York, NY
The Touch Foundation is a not-for-profit organization dedicated to bringing vital healthcare services to the people of Sub-Saharan Africa, with the greatest unmet health needs. Touch is improving access to healthcare by training healthcare workers such as physicians, nurses, lab technicians and ensuring that the trained healthcare workers are treating patients in the areas where the greatest need exists. For more information about Touch Foundation, please visit our website www.touchfoundation.org.
We are seeking an Analyst for a generalist position to work across variety of program, fundraising and organizational workstreams.
Essential Job Functions
Working with senior members across the organization, the Analyst will be a generalist working on various projects in support of Touch programs and operations. The Analyst will have an opportunity to work on diverse set of projects including but not limited to program development and design, program implementation, planning and execution of fundraising campaigns, and the support of critical organizational operations.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Conduct research and strategic analyses to support program development and implementation
- Support development of workplans and budgets for various projects
- Support the implementation of programs in Tanzania on short-term assignments in-country
- Conduct data analyses to understand, evaluate and report program impact
- Prepare reports on program implementation progress for management, donors or other stakeholders
- Collaborate with leadership to execute fundraising vehicles, including major events, appeals, campaigns and targeted outreach
- Research and identify prospective funders from institutional or individual sources
- Develop communications materials highlighting Touch programs and progress for syndication
amongst donor and partner networks
Please note: As job descriptions cannot be exhaustive, the Analyst may be required to undertake other duties that are broadly in line with the above key duties.
- Assist in the development and preparation of board materials
- Collaborate with management to enhance organizational systems and processes
Qualifications of Successful Candidate
Knowledge, Education and Experience
- Bachelor Degree
- Experience working in a fast-paced, competitive environment
- Good judgment and discretion to represent the Touch Foundation in a highly professional manner, as well as respect for local "culture."
- International developing world experience a plus
- Strong analytical, leadership, organizational and problem solving skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Superior organizational and planning skills for balancing multiple projects and responsibilities
- Ability to respond to shifting needs with flexibility while maintaining a positive approach and sense of humor
- A problem-solving approach to challenging situations
- Solid relationship-building skills: ability to interface with external constituents
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to proactively work independently and as an effective team member
- Comfort with managing multiple assignments in a dynamic, developing nation context
- Capacity to contact and interact openly, honestly, and professionally with individuals in a culturally appropriate manner
- Excellent skills in the functional use of Excel, PowerPoint and Microsoft word.
Touch Foundation, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer (M/F/D/V).