If you have been automatically directed to this page, your copy of Windows 8 is outdated and needs to be patched. Follow these directions to update Windows and receive full network access.
- While on the Start screen, type "control", then choose Control Panel from the Apps list.
- In the Control Panel, click System and Security, then Windows Update.
- Click Check for Updates on the left. Once the check is complete, click on the "X updates are available" link under "You're set to automatically install updates."
- Select all updates, then choose Install.
- Some updates may have to be installed separately - if this is the case, install the first ones, reboot as prompted, then return to Windows Update for the rest of the patches.
- Once the patch installations are complete, reboot the computer if prompted, then browse to an outside web site (e.g. google.com) to return to the Bradford site. If no reboot is required, use the Back button in your browser to return to the Bradford window. On the Bradford site, click Re-Scan. If you have other requirements to meet, Bradford will direct you to appropriate pages. If this is the last requirement, you will be granted full network access.
Having trouble? Contact StudentTech at 704-894-2900, option 2, then option 1.