Principal duties of the Associate Dean for Teaching, Learning, and Research include:
- Administering and guiding the development of the Center for Teaching and Learning, which provides faculty development services and academic support for students.
- Collaborating with other campus entities (Library, Information Technology, Center for Civic Engagement, Multicultural Center) to provide a range of programs for faculty and students.
- Directing the Davidson Research Initiative
- Overseeing the EXPLR internship program.
- Chairing the Faculty Study and Research Committee.
- Chairing the Student Study and Research Committee.
- Monitoring the work of the Office of Grants and Contracts and the Director of Fellowships.
- Seeking funds for new and existing programs to support faculty development and student depth opportunities.
- Assessing teaching, learning, and research programs related to the above duties to insure that they are meeting their specific program goals.