Throughout your second year of college, several major landmarks should be reached to ensure future academic and professional success. In order to help you achieve these landmarks, we developed a series of strategies that are meant to encourage and help you thrive your sophomore year at Davidson!
As a sophomore, we challenge you to:
1. Explore what really matters to you.
2. Make a plan to sustain or improve your mental, physical, spiritual, and social health and well-being.
3. Develop a relationship with an academic advisor to help create a plan for your academic goals.
4. Connect with a faculty member outside of the classroom.
5. Declare a major that aligns with your interests, values, and future goals.
6. Deepen your experience within an extracurricular activity that is important and meaningful to you.
7. Pursue an experience that will build upon your coursework and apply your skills outside of the classroom (i.e. participate in internship, explore service learning or leadership experiences, and/or investigate study abroad options).
8. Participate in a career-building exercise that will prepare you for your professional goals (i.e. write or update a resume, attend a career services workshop, and/or meet with a career advisor 1-on-1).
Click here to hear advice from current juniors!