The Service Odyssey is open to incoming first-year students at Davidson College (including transfers).
- Due to the program's popularity and limited space, students are encouraged to register early.
- Spaces are generally filled on a first-come, first-served basis, but preference in the fourth session will go to students who live more than 8 driving hours from Davidson.
- Once the registration form is completed a confirmation email will be sent that includes either the date of the session the student has been added to or a notification of placement on a waiting list.
- To hold a spot on a trip, participants must mail payment and required all forms below within 10 days.
Once your spot on a session has been confirmed, please complete:
- Financial aid is available to those students who have already qualified for aid from Davidson.
- Awards will be based on the level of need as assessed by the Office of Financial Aid and will be distributed by The Center for Civic Engagement.
- If you are interested in receiving aid for the Service Odyssey and you have already qualified for aid from Davidson, please indicate this in the appropriate area on the registration form and submit an initial deposit of $100.
- You will be notified of the amount of your award in your confirmation packet, at which time the balance will then be due.
When we have added you to a session, we will send you a confirmation packet that will include more detailed information about the program and a receipt for payment.
If you cancel three (3) weeks prior to the start of your session you will receive a full refund. We will issue a 50% refund for cancellations less than three weeks prior to the start of your session. No refunds will be given for cancellations made less than one (1) week prior to the start of your session.
Contact Christa Leimbach, Assistant Director for Civic Engagement Programs, for more information or with any questions.