Davidson College reserves the right to remove any vehicle that is illegally parked, non-registered or parked in such a way as to constitute a hazard, impede traffic, block the operation of emergency equipment or interfere with services.
All Parking Lots are numbered and color coded by signage at the entrance of each lot:
WHITE-Students YELLOW-Employees RED-Visitors
Davidson College is not responsible for damages to, the loss of, or theft from towed vehicles.
Owners are required to pay all costs involved in the removing, impounding, and storing of such vehicles.
If you want to refuse a ticket you received, complete the: Ticket Appeal Form. Please print the form, fill it out and send thru campus mail to Public Safety.
If you think your vehicle has been towed:
You can contact the Campus Police Office.
The towing service is:
Archer's Wrecker Service
433 South Main Street
Davidson, N.C. 28036
Important things to know:
1. If a state citation is received it will be processed into District Court for Disposition.
*State citations are recorded on the individuals driving license record.
If a campus citation is received it will be processed through the Controller's Office.
2. The posted speed limit on campus is 20 mph.
3. There will be no parking in or on:
a. No parking zones
b. Loading Zones
c. Fire Lanes
d. Sidewalks or walkways
e. Any 24-hour restricted lot or space
f. Grass or grounds
g. Handicapped parking Spaced is there is not a Handicapped licensed plate or permit visible.
h. Dumpster area
i. Residence Hall Quad
j. Along any curb
4. Fines for violations should be paid promptly to avoid billing.
5. Motorcycles must be parked in regular vehicular parking spaces and must be registered the same as a motor vehicle.
6. Students are responsible for checking their vehicle daily. Campus Police is not responsible for notifying a student if they have been issued a ticket.
7. Anyone having a valid reason to appeal a ticket may do so within two (2) weeks of the alleged violation. These reasons are not considered valid:
1. Ignorance of regulations.
2. Late for class
3. Inclement weather
4. Inability to find a parking space