Center for Civic Engagement Interns help develop and, in the case of summer programs, implement various aspects of the Center's programming. Please see more detailed information for all summer positions within the Center for Civic Engagement at http://www3.davidson.edu/cms/x38685.xml.
Please contact Jared Smith (firstname.lastname@example.org) with questions.
- Contribute to new student Orientation Service Day
- Support Bonner Scholar Orientation
- Aid Freedom Schools Administration as needed
- Assist with programs such as the Community Involvement Fair, Service Leaders Institute, and Service Saturdays
- Opportunity to take initiative and leadership roles with projects
- Relationship building with Davidson College staff and community partner organizations
- Paid hourly and receive on-campus housing
- Flexible work schedule
- Available to work June 1st through the Saturday of new student orientation
- Strong writing skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work independently and as a member of a team
- Proficiency in word processing and Internet research.
Following internship, students will be able to:
- Construct effective, informative presentations
- Utilize research skills for developing supporting materials for reports, presentations, etc.
- Develop project plan and implement plan
- Demonstrate successful program planning
- Manage and incorporate feedback from a variety of sources
- Apply problem-solving and critical-thinking skills