Davidson College invites undergraduate students who are rising Sophomore, Junior, and Senior from Historically Black College and Universities (HBCU) to apply for one of five positions in the Davidson Research Initiative Summer Research Program. A list with descriptions of projects to which HBCU students are invited to apply will be made available in late February or early March of each year. The list will be distributed to various officials at HBCU campuses throughout North Carolina by email or by clicking on the right side link of this page.
- Interested students from Historically Black College and Universities should indicate their interest to Dr. Verna Case (DRI Program Director) at firstname.lastname@example.org. In addition, faculty from HBCU campuses are invited to nominate students for the program.
- Application materials must include:
- cover letter and cover sheet (available by clicking on the right side link of this page)
- official institutional transcript
- two letters of recommendation (along with accompanying recommendation form available by clicking on the right side link of this page)
- Cover letter and cover sheet should indicate the projects to which the students is applying in order of preference (if applying for more than one)
- Deadline for applications is March 22, 2013.
- HBCU students accepted as DRI Summer Research Fellows will be expected to participate fully in the DRI Summer Research Program, as are all Davidson students, meeting the same requirements and complying with all Davidson policies, including adhering to Davidson's Honor Code.