Living in the Eco-House provides an extraordinary living experience for students at Davidson College. With this opportunity to live and learn in a cooperative, sustainable community comes much responsibility. It is not just a residence - living in the Eco-House is a substantial extracurricular commitment. Eco-House residents must be able to commit to daily and weekly activities such as cooking, cleaning, house meetings, internal and external programming and events, and continuing education.
Each Eco-House resident assumes a house position and is expected to perform all responsibilities of his/her role. These house positions include:
- RLO Liaison
- House Guardian / Manager
- Bread and Community Builder (internal events)
- Community Events Planner (external events)
- Gardener and Composter
- Sustainability Project Coordinators
In addition to significant House responsibilities, Eco-House members have responsibility to educate the College community around issues of sustainability. This work is maintained through two primary vehicles:
- Serving as an advisory council to RLO regarding how to make all residential buildings more green and sustainably-based
- Establishing a liaison relationship with the Sustainability Fellow who works with Physical Plant
The Eco House is located at the edge of Davidson's campus, further contributing to the independent- living feel that comes with participation in the house. The house, in which a total of 10 students live, has a full kitchen, dining area, and living room. Students who reside in the Eco-House pay the same rate as those who live in Martin Court Apartments.
- Claire Naisby - RLO Liaison
- Dominic Boccaccio - House Manager
- Kelly Wilson - Bread and Community Builder
- Rebecca McKee - Garden and Compost
- Julie Coursen - Community Events Planner
- Cate Hendren - Sustainability Project Coordinator
- Andrea Beccerra - Sustainability Project Coordinator
- Jaime DyBuncio, Laura Pinto-Coelho, Rob Stevens - Foodies
- Weekly House Dinners - Every Monday @ 6:30 pm - Please e-mail Claire Naisby if you are coming!
- Davidson's Farmer's Market - Saturdays from 8 am - noon during the summer / fall