Sending Copy/Print Job Requests
- Save copy/print jobs as a Microsoft Word file.
- Email as an attachment to “Bizzie”, the Konica bizhub Pro 1050, along with a Copy Request Form.
- "Bizzie" provides superior print quality, especially with graphics and photos, and can also be quicker to process.
- The Copy/Print Center staff will format the document according to the instructions you provide on the Copy Request Form (pdf).”
- Copy jobs may also be brought to the Copy Center or sent through campus mail. A completed Copy Request Form (pdf) should accompany the information to be copied.
- While a 24-hour lead time is strongly encouraged, our staff will attempt to complete urgent or unexpected copy jobs the same day they are submitted. The Copy/Print Center staff will call or email when the job is complete.
Post Office Box Keys
One key is provided for new faculty and students at the beginning of the academic year. A replacement key may be purchased for $25.00 at the campus post office.
USPS (United States Postal Service) and campus mail is delivered to and picked up at designated offices every morning.
- A limited mail route is provided every afternoon.
- The morning mail route begins at 9:45 AM and the afternoon route at 1:30 PM.
- Outgoing mail may also be placed in the drop boxes on the first floor of Chambers near the south elevator/stairwell (to ensure same day pickup, mail must be in the drop box by 2:15) or into the mail slots at the Mail Center.
- Outgoing mail is picked up daily by the USPS from the Mail Center between 4:30 PM and 6:30 PM.
UPS and Federal Express packages are delivered to the campus warehouse every business morning. These packages are then delivered to faculty and staff throughout the day.
- All student packages are available for pickup at the campus post office.
- Notification cards are placed in student mailboxes.
- All packages sent via USPS should be picked up at the post office.
- For large packages and print jobs (over 25 pounds), please call extension 2822 to make arrangements for office delivery.
College Mailing Addresses
The correct USPS mailing address for students, faculty, and staff should be formatted like:
Davidson, NC 28035-XXXX
(XXXX is the individual (for faculty and students) or departmental (for staff) box number)
College Shipping Addresses
The correct physical delivery (shipping) address for Fed Ex, UPS, etc, is:
209 Ridge Rd
Davidson, NC 28036
Davidson College holds a permit to operate postage meters and must comply with the USPS regulations as follows:
- All mail to be metered must have a complete Davidson College return address. Metered mail related to events co-sponsored by Davidson College and an outside organization must bear a Davidson College return address.
- Folded self-mailers need to be folded at the bottom and tabbed at the top. Please do not use staples.
- Mail to be metered – letters, post cards, large flats – should be sorted and bundled separately. The Mail Center has letter trays and tubs available for help in preparing large mailings.
- The postage meter machines can seal letter-size envelopes and some larger envelopes if the flap is at the top of the mail piece. These flaps must be nested to process properly. Heavy, flat-sized envelopes, as well as envelopes which seal on the side, must be sealed before coming to the Mail Center.
- Campus mail should include the recipient’s name and the department name (not building). For students, please use their campus box number.
- Intra-campus/Inter-departmental envelopes should be used for campus mail. A supply of these envelopes is sometimes available in the Mail Center.
- Additional envelopes may be purchased from OfficeMax (Product # P2OM97233).
- If other types of envelopes for campus mail are used, please print “CAMPUS MAIL” in the upper right hand corner since it could be mistaken for USPS mail.
- Also, please include the sender’s name and department in the return address location.
Personal Mail (Outgoing)
Outgoing, personal mail (letters, bills, etc.) is handled along with campus mail. If van space permits, outgoing personal packages may also be picked up on the mail route; otherwise, they should to be brought to the Mail Center.
Personal Mail (Incoming)
Due to the large volume of mail which is handled daily in the Mail Center, please have your personal mail, magazines, and non-business related catalogs and parcels sent directly to your home address, not a campus address.
There is no charge for campus “stuffings” and mailings. “Stuffings” are flyers or brochures which are identical and do not contain individual names or addresses.
- For “stuffings” not related to College business, but sent by employees to students, faculty, and staff, there is a charge of $.25 per piece. They are boxed within three business days.
- If time and staffing levels permit, “stuffings” received by 10:00 am may be boxed that day for a charge of the current first-class letter postage per piece.
- For “stuffings” from non-College individuals and businesses (e.g. Ben & Jerry’s), there is a charge of the $.25 per piece.
- They will be boxed within five business days.
There is no charge for campus mail to individual students and to student groups of ten or less.