Sophos will normally keep its virus definitions updated automatically. If your computer has been off the network or is having other troubles, it may fall behind and require that you initiate an update manually.
- Find the Sophos icon, a white shield with a blue S, in the system tray (near the clock). It will probably have a red X on it if your definitions are out of date. On Windows 8, go to the Desktop to see the system tray.
- Right click on the Sophos icon and choose Update Now.
- Observe the progress of the update in the status window that pops up.
- When the update is complete, the icon should be blue with no red X. If the red X remains, your Sophos installation may be damaged. Try reinstalling Sophos, or contact ResNet at x2900 for assistance.
- Use the Back button in your browser to return to the Bradford window, and click Re-Scan. Or, browse to an outside web page (e.g. google.com) to be redirected to it again.
Having trouble? Contact StudentTech at 704-894-2900, option 2, then option 1.