Associate Professor Emeritus
B.A., Berry College, 1979
Ph.D., Emory University, 1986
Hoechst Celanese Corporation, 1986-1997; Member, American Chemical Society; Member, Green Chemistry Network of the Royal Society of Chemistry (London); Visiting Scholar, QUILL, The Queen's University of Belfast, May/June 2000.
- Synthesis of organic molecules with interesting or unusual properties, typically of theoretical or practical significance
- Green chemistry: benign reagents and processes; biphasic catalysis; application of enzymes to organic synthesis; greener oxidations, reductions, and solvents
- Polymer chemistry: naturally-occurring polymers; polymers used in cosmetic, dermatological, and personal care applications
- Chemistry of natural products, particularly terpenes and essential oils, perfumery and fragrance, vitamins and coenzymes, and natural antioxidants
- Chemical pedagogy; innovations in the teaching of organic chemistry.
- History of organic chemistry
Publications, Presentations and Patents