In 1977, RUSK Eating House, Inc. became the first all-female eating house to join Patterson Court at Davidson College. Eating houses at Davidson are non-nationally affiliated social and dining organizations.
RUSK was named after Dean Rusk, Class of 1931 and Secretary of State during the Kennedy and Johnson administrations.
RUSK was formed to give women, admitted to the college for the first time in 1972, a place to congregate and build relationships with one another. It would also serve as a springboard from which members could better serve Davidson College and the community at large.
RUSK builds upon this mission, today, while maintaining strong connections with its alumni and past
Colors: Pink and Blue