In order to check out at the end of the semester, please refer to the following checklist:
- Attend your hall's Closing Meeting.
- Sign up for a check out time with your student staff member at least 24 hours before you plan to leave.
- Thoroughly clean your room/apartment. This includes:
- Removing all trash and recycling (taken to appropriate containers outside)
- Sweeping / vacuuming your space.
- Checking all drawers and closets for any personal items.
- Removing all personal unwanted items. All unwanted personal furniture, carpeting, and clothes should be taken to the dumpster outside your building. No items should be left in your room, in the building's hallway, or outside of the building.
- Meet your student staff member at your appointed time to check out. Please note:
- Room and common areas must be empty in order to check out.
- Roommates may not check out for one another.
- Your staff member will check the room for any damages and note them on the RCR.
- After your staff member completes the RCR for your room/apartment, sign the RCR and turn in your room key. The check out process is now complete.
Please note: Students who do not sign up for a check out time, clean their room properly, check out on time, or sign the RCR will likely be charged with an improper check out.
Fines and Fees
Before leaving campus, please do the following:
- Notify RLO, Registrar, Dean's and the Buisness Offices if you do not intend to return to Davidson next semester (deadline is Nov. 1).
- Clear all accounts with Business Services.
- Return all library books to the Library before the last exam period.
- Return linens to laundry and check for unclaimed garments prior to leaving campus.