1. Who is eligible to work? Most students are eligible to work on campus. Students who received an employment award with their financial aid package need to contact the Financial Aid Office at extension 2232. International students must have an F1 or J1 Visa to work on campus.
2. How do students find a job? For the 2008-2009 academic year, students receiving an employment award with their financial aid packet will be assigned to a position through the Financial Aid Office. All other students may find openings on the jobs website.
3. I have a job. What are my next steps? Once you receive a job offer and accept, you must complete the proper paperwork with Human Resources before you can begin working.
4. What is the usual number of hours a week to work? Most positions required 8-11 hours per week.
5. I am an International Student. How many hours can I work a week? Are there special forms I need to complete? An International Student with an F-1 Visa may work 20 hours per week while classes are in session and full time when classes are not in session.
6. How do I keep track of my hours? You will log your time using Web Time Entry in Banner Self Service.
7. How many hours can I work during the week? If you’ve been assigned a position through the Financial Aid Office, you may work no more than 20 hours per week.
8. How do I get paid? How often? You will be paid by direct deposit on the 15th of the month.
9. Can I switch jobs in the middle of the semester? You will not be able to switch positions in the middle of the semester, unless there are extenuating circumstances.
10. What forms need to be completed? To begin working, you will need to complete a direct deposit form and an I9 Employment Eligibility form.
11. Will I receive a W2 statement? Yes. W2 statements are mailed to the student’s home address or may be picked up in the Business Services Office. International Students may pick their W2 from the International Student Coordinator. The W2 statement will be mailed to those International Students who have graduated.
12. Who do I contact if I have questions? If you received an employment award with your financial aid packet, please contact the Financial Aid Office at extension 2232. Otherwise, please contact the Human Resources Office at extension 2213.