If you have been automatically directed to this page, your computer is not set up to automatically install vital security patches. Follow these directions to configure it and receive full network access.
Turn on the Automatic Updates feature for Windows XP:
- Click Start, and then click Control Panel.
- Click Performance and Maintenance.
Note If the Performance and Maintenance category is not visible, click Switch to Category View.
- Click System.
- Click Automatic Updates and then select Keep my computer up to date.
- Select Automatically download the updates, and install them on the schedule that I specify.
- Select a schedule of Every Day and choose a time when your computer will usually be turned on, but not in use, such as the middle of the night (if you leave the computer on overnight), while you are in class, or while you are at dinner.
- Click OK to close the System Properties box.
- Use the Back button in your browser to return to the Bradford window, and click Re-Scan. Or, browse to an outside web page (e.g. google.com) to be redirected to it again.
Having trouble? Contact StudentTech at 704-894-2900, option 2, then option 1.
Images from microsoft.com