Davidson College Summer Advanced Placement Institute 2013
US Government and Politics
Welcome to the US Government and Politics section of the Davidson College AP Summer Institute.
At the institute you all will
• become familiar with the AP US Government and Politics curriculum and exam structure.
• receive exams, lessons and supplementary materials.
• design lessons, exams and strategies to build student success.
• learn AP US government content.
• practice integrating technology into the AP US Government curriculum.
During our seminar we will cover
• Concerns, expectations, questions
• AP philosophy
• AP exam structure
• National AP statistics
• Student selection
• Curriculum content, content, content
• 2011 Free Response Review
• 2009 multiple choice exam review
• AP Free Response Exam Workshop
• AP Multiple Choice Exam Workshop
• Model lessons
• Journal reviews
• Outside readings
• Textbook selection
• Building critical thinking
• Supplementary materials and programs
• Technology, technology, technology
• Connections to AP Comparative Politics
• Beyond AP
• Engaging student citizens
Please bring the following to the summer institute
• Your schedule (for 2013-2014 - if you have it)
• Your textbook (if you have it. AP textbooks will be provided)
I look forward to meeting you soon. If you have any questions please don't hesitate to contact me at