All residential facilities close for Winter Break at noon on Friday, December 21, 2012. Unfortunately, no exceptions can be made to accomodate travel, work, or parent schedules.
If you are leaving for the break but are planning on returning into your same room/apartment next semester, click here.
If you are planning on being at Davidson in the spring, but have been approved for a semester room change, click here.
If you are leaving campus and will not be returning in the spring (graduating, taking a leave of absence, studying abroad, etc.), click here.
Students Returning to Same Room
Before leaving for Winter Break, please make sure to complete the following tasks:
- Set room thermostat to 60 degrees (if possible) and fan to low
- Empty all trash into the bin in the hallway and take out all recycling
- Set blinds to half-way up the window
- Unplug all appliances (except refrigerator)
- Fully empty and clean the refrigerator
- Remove all Holiday decorations, including fake snow on the windows
- CLOSE & LOCK room windows
- Turn all lights OFF
- CLOSE & LOCK room door
Students Changing Rooms at Semester
If you have been approved for a room change for second semester, you must complete the following steps:
- A couple of weeks before the end of the semester, make contact with the current resident of the room to which you will be moving. Set up a time when you can move your things over into the room before the break.
- Before the halls close for the break, move all of your belongings out of your current room and into your new room. At that point, that room should contain your stuff along with whatever belongs to the current resident.
- Follow the check out procedures to check out of your old room. These procedures do include setting up a time with your RA/HC/BM to check out, so read through the process carefully.
- Turn in your old room key and leave for the break.
- After the break, once the buildings open, you will officially check in to your new room and receive your room key.
Students Leaving Campus
If you are leaving campus in December, permanently or for study-abroad or other temporary purposes, you must check out of your room/apartment with your Residence Life student staff member. For more information on Fall Check Out procedures, please click here.
Please remember - in order to help us accommodate students who are returning to campus in the spring, the deadline for notifying the College of your decision to leave campus is November 1.