Department of Physical Education and Recreation Vision Statement
The vision of the Department of Physical Education and Recreation is to create a student centered educational environment that will focus on enriching and expanding the student's short and long term views and attitudes towards physical activity.
Department of Physical Education and Recreation Outcome Goals
As a result of participation in the Physical Education and Recreation program students will demonstrate:
- Proficiency in a wide range of movement skills
- Knowledge and skills of recreational and competitive activities to promote lifelong participation
- Understanding of the principles of wellness and their application to a healthy lifestyle
- The physical and mental courage needed to accomplish challenging tasks
- The knowledge, skills, and abilities to promote and maintain physical fitness and wellness for themselves, their families, and the community.
Special thanks to Dr. Sue Tendy and the USMA Assessment Committee for helping to provide the above outcome goals.