Sophos Anti-Virus must be installed on all student-owned Windows computers connecting to the campus network. These instructions are for students only and will only work from on-campus locations; employees should contact the Help Desk to get Sophos for their institutional or personally-owned computers. To avoid conflicts, this installation will automatically remove most other anti-virus programs.
- On your keyboard, press Windows Key + R, or click the Start button, then Run. In the "Open" box, enter the command below:
- Click OK.
- When prompted, enter your username in the form davidson\username, and your network password.
- You may see one or more security warnings, depending on how your computer is set up.
- Windows Vista, Windows 7, and Windows 8 users may have to enter their username (as davidson\username) and password a second time.
- Follow the on-screen directions to know when the install is complete.
- If you were directed here when you failed a Bradford scan, once the install is complete, use the Back button in your browser to return to the Bradford window, and click Re-Scan. Or, browse to an outside web page (e.g. google.com) to be redirected to it again.
Having trouble? Contact StudentTech at 704-894-2900, option 2, then option 1.