To facilitate network management, student-owned computers on the Davidson network must be named by their owner's username.
This utility ensures that your computer is named correctly and must be run once, regardless of your computer's current name.
- Close any other programs you are working in, since you will have to reboot at the end of this process.
- Click the link below to download the Rename utility. When prompted choose Open or Run.
- Accept any security warnings that may pop up. If SmartScreen warns that the program is unrecognized, choose More Info, then Run Anyway.
- Enter your username when prompted - the part of your email address that comes before the @ symbol.
- Each computer on the network must have a unique name. According to Davidson network policy, that name must be based on your username. If you own more than computer, assign them numbers and enter them accordingly. The first computer will be named "yourusername", the second will be "yourusername2", etc.
- To complete the renaming process, your computer must be rebooted.
- After the reboot, browse to an outside web page (e.g. google.com) to continue the Bradford registration process.
Download the Rename utility after reviewing the instructions above.
Having trouble? Contact StudentTech at 704-894-2900, option 2, then option 1.