This large mixed chorus provides the opportunity for collaboration between Davidson students, faculty, staff, alumni, and members of the surrounding community to sing a cappella choral literature and the finest choral/orchestral repertoire with instrumentalists from the Charlotte Symphony and professional soloists from Davidson and around the world. Recent performances have included Handel's Messiah, Mozart's Requiem, Bach's Magnificat in D, Vaughan Williams's Dona Nobis Pacem, Mendelssohn's Elijah, Haydn's Creation, and Brahms's Ein deutsches Requiem.
- Monday evenings, 6:30-8:30 pm in Sloan 201
- Auditions will be held soon for Spring 2013
- All students, even returning choir members, need to sign up for an audition slot
- Contact Dr. Chris Gilliam at email@example.com for more information
- Auditions consist of:
- pitch matching
- vocal flexibility exercises
- sight-reading tests
Audition sign up sheets are posted outside Dr. Gilliam's office in Sloan 102, and will also be available at the College's Activities Fair in the fall.
Faculty and staff who want to sing in the Choral Arts Society should contact Dr. Gilliam directly. Prior experience (college, church, community, etc.) is extremely desirable but not necessarily a prerequisite.
Questions? Please contact Dr. Christopher Gilliam, Director of Choral Activities.