The senior year of the Chidsey Leadership Fellows program will focus on a synthesis of personal and community goals for leadership including personal philosophy for leadership beyond Davidson. Seniors will consider their leadership legacy and be intentional about their transition out of Davidson by investing in the leadership development of others and seeking to leave their organizations stronger than they found them. Seniors will also prepare for their lives of leadership beyond Davidson.
- Senior Retreat: We will kick off the senior year with a day-long retreat. At this retreat students will have an opportunity for individual reflection on their goals for community/organizational involvement, as well as their individual journeys as they prepare for life beyond Davidson. Seniors will take the time to draft a personal leadership philosophy. Finally, the group will brainstorm and select topics for 10 of their 12 workshops throughout the year.
- Mentors: Seniors will have the option of being matched with a mentor from the broader community. Students will identify the characteristics that they would like in a mentor and staff will do its best to find such mentors. The purpose of the mentoring relationship is for students to establish a relationships with someone who is not a parent or teacher. Through these relationships the students will be able to explore aspects of life related to leadership and life beyond Davidson.
- Group Meetings: Students will participate in 6 meetings each semester. Students will define the topics for 8 of the meetings. 2-3 students will help plan each seminar. The meetings are intended to focus on topics that will help them strengthen their organizations in the present and future and/or prepare them to be successful leaders and people as they leave Davidson. In addition to those meetings, the opening meeting will be focused on the Leadership Practices Inventory. There will also be a closing meeting where students reflect individually on their journey (including doing a written reflection), and we celebrate the group.
- One-on-One Meetings: Each semester seniors have the option of meeting with a Chidsey staff member for 30 minutes to talk about their goals and challenges and create an action plan for the semester.
- Leadership Synthesis Project: Each senior will complete a project where they share something essential that they have learned through the Chidsey Fellows program. Students will have several options for formats including writing a blog article, presenting a case or workshop, creating a poster or infographic, etc.
- Leadership Development Teams: Seniors will have the option of participating in a Leadership Development Team with other Chidsey Leadership Fellows. These
- Closing Ceremony: We will close out the Fellows experience at an All Chidsey event honoring the seniors.
>> Next: Who Should Apply?
<< Back to Overview