JULY EXPERIENCE at Davidson College
July 6-July 27, 2013
We are no longer accepting applications. The deadline has passed.
July Experience at Davidson College is for rising high school juniors and seniors who are highly motivated, academically oriented and self-disciplined.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as early as possible. The application deadline is Friday, March 29, 2013. Recommendations from the secondary school principal and counselor are also due Friday, March 29, 2013. Secondary school counselors must include an official high school transcript as well as a high school profile sheet with his/her recommendation form.
There are two methods of application:
- An online application can be accessed here (Closed). Students, including international students, are encouraged to use this system. NOTE: You must complete the online application in its entirety and submit it in one online session. Upon submission of the online application, there will be a link for access to the recommendation forms for secondary school principals and counselors. These forms should be printed and given to the appropriate secondary school individuals for completion. These forms should be mailed to: July Experience at Davidson College, PO BOX 7151, Davidson, NC 28035.
- A paper application may also be completed and may be accessed here (Closed). Please print the application, complete it and mail it to: July Experience at Davidson College, PO BOX 7151, Davidson, NC 28035. Also, please print the secondary school principal recommendation form and the counselor recommendation form and have them completed by the appropriate personnel and mailed to: July Experience at Davidson College, PO BOX 7151, Davidson, NC 28035.
Applications are NOT COMPLETE until the July Experience at Davidson College office has received:
- A completed online application or paper application
- A completed recommendation form from the secondary school principal
- A completed recommendation form from the secondary school counselor with official high school transcript as well as a high school profile sheet
If you are applying for financial aid, please refer to the Scholarship/Financial Aid page for further instructions.
The total cost of July Experience at Davidson College 2013 is $3,500.
- Room and board
- Laundry once a week
- Cost of textbook (s)
- US National Whitewater Center activity fees
Tuition does NOT include travel expenses and personal spending money.
DEPOSITS AND REFUNDS
- A non-refundable deposit of $500 is due within 10 days of your notification of acceptance.
- The balance of the fee is due by Saturday, May 24, 2013.
- There is no refund for early departure from the program.
For questions regarding the application process, please contact the July Experience at Davidson college office by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org.