Davidson College is a certified testing center for Goethe Institute examinations--standardized tests which are recognized all over the world. We typically administer these examinations twice a year. You need not be a Davidson student to register.
Examinations and Fees
The following examinations may be taken at Davidson. (Numbers refer to recommended contact hours, defined as 45 minute teaching units).
- Goethe-Zertifikat A1 -- 80-200 ($75)
- Goethe-Zertifikat A2 -- 200-350 ($75)
- Goethe-Zertifikat B1 -- 350-600 ($120)
- Goethe-Zertifikat B2 -- 600-800 ($135) -- not offered 2013-14
- Goethe-Zertifikat C1 -- 800-1,000 ($175) -- not offered 2013-14
Dates and Deadlines
The next testing dates are
- Tuesday, December 10, 3:30 pm in Chambers 3084 (Goethe-Zertifikat B1: Zertifikat Deutsch)
- Wednesday, December 11, 3:30 pm in Chambers 3068 (Goethe-Zertifikat A1: Start Deutsch 1)
Registration form and payment must be received by November 1, 2013.
Please note that we are unable to refund your fee after the registration deadline. Make your check out to Davidson College and send form and check to the contact address below. You will receive electronic confirmation shortly after receipt of your letter.
For a description of all Goethe Institute examinations see the Prüfungsbeschreibungen. For global competence levels and their corresponding Davidson courses, see CEFR rubrics. For a general idea about which examination is right for you, take the Goethe Institute's Einstufungstest. For sample tests, visit www.goethe.de/pruefungen. For comprehensive information regarding all language exams that permit a Fachstudium in Germany, see the portal Sprachnachweis.de.
Department of German Studies
Davidson, NC 28035-6956