- Davidson College has hosted many beautiful events that are memorable and “perfect” for those who choose to use Davidson College for their event site. While Davidson College is a lovely place to hold non-college events, our facilities are based on the needs of our primary purpose which is a liberal arts education. Our facilities are well suited to many events but there are some requests that we are unable to accommodate due to our limitations.
Some of our limitations include:
- Davidson College does not rent space when the college is in session. Exceptions to this are made very occasionally and only when the impact of the event is minimal to the campus.
- Davidson College requires the use of Much Ado catering (the college catering department) for all beverage and food needs for non-Davidson College events.
- Davidson College does not host non-college outdoor events.
- Davidson College makes the final determination of what staffing is needed for an event.
- Davidson College does not allow any pinning, stapling or taping of decorations to walls or furniture. No decorations can be hung from the ceilings. No open flames are allowed.
- Davidson College has policies limiting driving through the interior of campus. These policies do not allow for front door drop-off or leaving in a limosine.
Scheduling an event
- To schedule and event please check the academic calendar and determine that it is during a break time.
- Contact Guest Services via email with the following information: type of event, expected attendance, date of anticipated event, and type of venue needed. Send this information to Cissi Lyles at email@example.com or John Barnhart at firstname.lastname@example.org
- You will be contacted with questions about your event and with potential facilities
Note: Davidson College Presbyterian Church schedules its own facilities including the sanctuary and chapel for weddings. You may access their information at http://www.dcpc.org/facilities.
Confirming an event requires the following:
- Signed Facility Use Contract
- Certificate of Insurance as required by the contract
Insurance can be purchased through the Davidson College carrier and many clients have found this option to be the most cost-effective.
- Payment of one-half of the rental rate. This payment will be credited to the account but is NON-REFUNDABLE in the case of cancellation. In the case of rent that is less than $100, the full rental amount is due prior to the event.
Rental rates vary based on the size and technology of the facility. The rate sheet (PDF/20KB) gives a general base for rental but know that prices may vary based on the length of usage, the size if the event and the equipment and staffing needed for the event.