Akers Residence Hall:
Located on the North side of campus, across from Patterson Court, Akers has 24 double rooms and 5 singles on two floors. It has a lounge on the first floor as well as laundry facilities. Built in 1984, Akers is named for John McCorkle Akers, class of 1928.
Belk Residence Hall:
The largest residence hall located in the center of campus, Belk has 142 doubles, 10 singles and a suite for a residence life staffer and each floor has a public lounge. In the basement of Belk on west side is the entrance to offices for Residence Life and Auxiliary Services. On the east side basement level, across from the laundry is a computer lab. Dedicated in 1955, the building is named for William Henry Belk, who joined the Board of Trustees in 1929 and was the Senior Trustee at the time of his death in 1952. All five of his sons are alumni.
Cannon Residence Hall:
Located within steps of Chambers Building, Cannon has 52 doubles and 8 singles on four floors and a basement. A public lounge is found on each floor and a kitchen for student use is located in the basement. Built in 1923 as West Dormitory, it was renovated in 1956-1957 and renamed for J. Archie Cannon, a member of the Davidson College Board of Trustees.
Duke Residence Hall:
Duke Residence Hall has bed space for 100 students including double rooms, suites, and singles. The high tech, environmentally friendly building includes multiple balconies and rooms designed to improve acoustics, lighting and energy efficiency. The Dean Rusk International Studies program is housed on the first floor of the building with an atrium, offices, meeting rooms and kitchens. Built in 1939 and renovated in 2008, the building is named for James B. Duke, founder of The Duke Endowment. Its location adjacent to the Knobloch Campus Center makes it a popular residential choice.
Irwin Residence Hall:
Located on the North side of campus, across from Patterson Court, Irwin has 21 double rooms and 5 singles on two floors. It has a lounge on the first floor as well as laundry facilities. Irwin Hall was built in 1980 and named for Mary Irwin Belk, the mother of five Davidson alumni and herself a student at Davidson College for one summer session. The wife of William Henry Belk, a long-time member of the Board of Trustees, Mrs. Belk was of constant inspiration and great assistance to him through the years, and like her husband was a close friend of the college.
Knox Residence Hall:
Located on the North side of campus, across from Patterson Court, Knox has 24 double rooms and 6 singles on two floors. It has a lounge on the first floor as well as laundry facilities. Knox was built in 1980 and named for Peter S. Knox, Class of 1932.
Little Residence Hall:
Located on the west end of Dormitory Drive, Little has 42 double rooms on four floors, each with a public lounge. Little was built in 1956 and named for philanthropist Edward H. Little, president and chairman of the board of Colgate-Palmolive Company, a leader in the development of the college's Board of Visitors and brother to Rev. Charles H. Little, Class of 1896.
Richardson Residence Hall:
Located next to Vail Commons, Richardson has 71 double rooms on four floors and a basement. Each floor has a lounge area. Built in 1960, the hall is named for Lunsford Richardson, Class of 1875, and his sons, Lunsford Richardson, Jr., Class of 1914 and Henry Smith Richardson, Class of 1906.
Sentelle Residence Hall:
Located on Dormitory Drive between Duke and Cannon, Sentelle has 52 doubles and 8 singles on four floors and a basement. Public lounges are located on the first, second, third and fourth floors and a laundry is available in the basement. Built in 1922 it was renovated in 1971. It is named for Mark Edgar Sentelle, Class of 1894, professor of religion from 1906-1944 and the first dean of students, serving from 1920 to 1941.
Tomlinson Residence Hall:
The newest residence hall at Davidson, Tomlinson has 16 suites and 64 single rooms to house approximately 128 students. With an elevator, laundry, kitchen, and lounges, the facility is a popular student housing choice. In the basement of Tomlinson Hall with access on the north side of the building is the Davidson College Public Safety Office and a conference room. Built in 2000, the residence hall is named for Dottie and Nelson Tomlinson, Class of 1951.
Watts Residence Hall:
Located on Dormitory Drive between Little and Cannon, Watts has 38 doubles and 8 singles on four floors. Each floor has a public lounge and a laundry is available in the basement. The original Watts Dormitory was built in 1906 and burned in 1923. Construction was begun immediately on a new building to house twice as many students. It is named for George W. Watts, a member of the Davidson College Board of Trustees from 1894 to 1921.