A lot of Web content is in Windows Media format. The Flip4Mac WMV software will allow OS X's QuickTime Player to display this content. To install this software, follow the instructions below.
- From the Finder, open the Go menu and choose Connect to Server.
- In the Server Address field, enter "smb://louise/studenttech/mac".
- If prompted, enter your username and password. Domain should be preset to Davidson.
- The Student Tech Mac software folder will open on your computer (if for any reason it doesn't, double-click the Student Tech icon on your desktop, then open the Mac folder)
- Double-click Download Flip4Mac. This is a URL link that will open your default Web browser and take you directly to Flip4Mac's download site.
- Follow the instructions there to download the software. Double-click the downloaded file and follow the instructions to install Flip4Mac WMV.