304 Baker Drive
The little house near the laundry was originally built in the 1840s, as a working building for the Sparrow’s Nest, the home of Thomas Sparrow and family located near present day Richardson Dorm. Mr. Sparrow had four attractive daughters who managed to charm a goodly portion of the nearby student body. It became the fashion of the young men to visit the Sparrow home. In time, things got so cozy that the place was fondly spoken of as the "Sparrow's Nest."
The building was acquired by the College in 1908 and used as a boarding house from 1915 into the 1920s. It was remodeled in 1961 and in 1974 at which time it was the Campus Security office. It was taken over by the Physical Plant as office space in 1990.
The Sparrow's Nest is located near the laundry, between Belk Residence Hall and Vail Commons. It is accessible from the laundry parking lot.