The 122,000 square foot, five floor, Knobloch Campus Center is the center of college community life. The Center combines the Alvarez College Union and the Duke Family Performance Hall. Knobloch is the gathering place for students, faculty, staff, and visitors, providing opportunities for involvement in formal and informal activities.
Built in 1948, the building was originally a gymnasium named for Charles Worth Johnston, class of 1884. The last Davidson varsity basketball game was played in the gymnasium on February 25, 1989. It was remodeled into the new Knobloch Campus Center in 2000-2001 and was renamed for the Knobloch family. Carl Knobloch and his wife Emily have two daughters that are alumnae of the college, Emily Knobloch, class of 1982 and Eleanor Knobloch Ratchford, Class of 1984.
Duke Family Performance Hall
Alvarez College Union