430 North Main Street
Smith House is the home to the majority of the offices in College Relations. The house was built in 1897 as a faculty house for then Professor Henry Louis Smith who later became President of Davidson College from 1901-1912. It was used as administrative offices in the 1960s and then as a student dormitory from 1972-1992. It was remodeled in 1992 as offices for College Relations.
Office of the Vice President of College Relations
Parent Giving Programs
Smith House Meeting Room
Smith House is located on Main Street at the main entrance to the college on Glasgow Street. Limited guest parking is available in the lot in front of the building accessible from Glasgow. Additional parking is available across the street behind the Admissions and Financial Aid offices in Grey and Harding Houses.