408 North Main Street
Constructed for the first president of Davidson College. It serves not only as the home to the college President, but as a meeting and reception location both inside and out.
The initial house was a simple two-story structure but renovations beginning in 1860 gave the house its present size. Renovated again in the 1880s, 1941, 1956 and 1998, the house has upheld the past and kept the original 1830s style.
The President’s House is located along Main Street, near the Carnegie Guest House. Parking is available in the Cunningham Fine Arts Building lot.