420 North Main Street
Directly on Main Street at the front entrance to the college is the Alumni House is home to the Alumni Relations Office and Friends of the Arts. The Sun Room and first floor provide an elegant setting for meetings and small gatherings.
Built in 1914 as a faculty residence for Professor Joseph M. McConnell, the structure has housed students, faculty and staff, including Davidson President D. Grier Martin and his family, who lived here for 12 years before moving next door to the President's House. It was remodeled as the first Alumni House and in 2000 it was remodeled and renamed in honor of long-time Alumni Relations employee Nancy Overcash Blackwell.
Friends of the Arts
Blackwell Alumni House Sun Room
The Nancy Blackwell Alumni House is located directly on Main Street near the front entrance to the college. A circular driveway is located in front of the house for easy drop off and pick up. Parking is available at Smith House next door or across the street in public parking behind the VAC.