315 North Main Street
A 43,000 square foot, state-of-the-art facility, the "VAC" is home to both Art History and Studio Art. It houses two galleries for visiting and student art shows, as well as an AV-equipped lecture hall, seminar room, and studios for art majors and faculty.
Built in 1992-1993, the building is modeled after two of Davidson's oldest buildings, Eumenaean Hall and Philanthropic Hall. It was named in 1998 for Katherine McKay Belk, a member of the Davidson Board of Trustees and her husband Tom Belk, Class of 1946, a member of the Board of Trustees from 1972-1984.
Van Every/Smith Galleries
Semans Lecture Hall
The Visual Art Center is located at the southwest corner of Griffith Street and Main Street. Parking is available directly behind the building off of Jackson Street, or along Main Street.