102 North Main Street
Davidson College was founded by Presbyterians in 1837 and until the early 1970s chapel was a requirement for all students. Though the days of mandatory chapel are gone, Davidson is still affiliated with the Presbyterian Church-USA; approximately one-fourth of students describe themselves as Presbyterian.
The original Davidson College Presbyterian Church which was built in 1885 was demolished in 1950 to make way for the current building, completed in 1952. The sanctuary seats up to 1200.
Davidson College Presbyterian Church
Davidson College Presbyterian Church is located on the corner of Main Street and Concord Road. The sanctuary entrance faces the college quadrangle. Parking is available in the Baker Sports Complex lot, the Visual Arts Center parking area (entered from Delburg Street), and, during non-business hours, in the Information Technology Services parking area. Limited parking is also available along Main and Concord Road.