200 D Road
The primary classroom building and the academic center of campus, Chambers Building houses most of the classrooms for non-arts and non-science majors. The building additionally houses several administrative offices as well as the majority of faculty offices.
Maxwell Chambers generously left his inheritance of $260,000 to Davidson in 1855 laying the monetary foundation for the original building. Old Chambers burned in 1921 and construction of "new" Chambers was completed in 1929. Chambers was renovated in 1966-1967 and again in 2004.
Lilly Family Gallery
Baxter Davidson Room
Dunbar Computer Lab
McCall Computer Lab
Hines Family Student Lounge
Raymond W. Oeland Language Center
Learning Resource Center
The Writing Center
Departments and Offices:
German & Russian Department
Instructional Support Services
Political Science Department
Office of the President
Office of the VP of Academic Affairs/Dean of Faculty
Office of the VP of Finance & Administration
Office of the VP of Student Life/Dean of Students
Chambers Building is the large building at the center of campus. Parking is available along Main Street, Concord Road or in public parking at Baker Sports Complex.