57th Annual Meeting on April 16-17, 2013
Thank you for joining us for "Meeting of the Minds: Academic Collaboration at Davidson" on April 16 and 17, 2013. Please click here to read the full minutes from our meeting, and stayed tuned for news about upcoming dates for gatherings of the Visitors!
Feature: Dylan Glenn '91
Dylan Glenn from the Class of 1991 joined the Board of Visitors this year as a "Class of 2015" member. He attended his first annual meeting in April, where he also had the opportunity to meet with the student who receives his Glenn Family Scholarship. Click here to learn more about Dylan and his time with the Glenn Scholar, Ryan Carli '14!
About the Board of Visitors
The Board of Visitors was founded in 1956 to increase the number of friends Davidson College has outside the obvious circles of its alumni and current student families, to make firmer the college's relationships with existing friends, and to bring to the Davidson campus annually a distinguished group of persons whose advice and support can mean much to the college's continuing strength.
The Visitors serve many important roles at the college, including:
- Acting as ambassadors in their respective communities,
- Spreading news of the good work which Davidson undertakes in higher education,
- Providing guidance and advice to the administration and president of the college,
- Assisting with fundraising efforts,
- Keeping abreast of current trends in higher education,
- Providing assistance to general college efforts (including career mentoring for current students, recruiting prospective students, making guest appearances in classes or campus programs, contributing to the college's quarterly magazine, hosting fundraising events, etc.), and
- Participating in the life of the college and encouraging similar participation by others.
For more information on the Board of Visitors, please contact Denise Howard at (704) 894-2688.