The chaplains at Davidson College have training in pastoral care and a willingness to see each person within the context of the spiritual dimension of life in a non-judgmental way. They are available to all members of the college community of any faith tradition, or none at all, to offer confidential spiritual direction and pastoral counseling. They can also assist individuals in reflecting on whether counseling with a clinically trained therapist might be helpful.
Scheduling an Appointment
To schedule an appointment with any of our chaplains: call 704-894-2423 or email us. Our office is located next to the elevator on the 4th floor of the Alvarez College Union.
When should I seek spiritual direction or pastoral counseling?
- When you'd like someone to talk and pray with you about matters that concern you.
- When you're trying to discern your sense of career direction or sense of calling.
- When you're asking questions about your religious beliefs and convictions.
- When you're experiencing grief at the loss of someone you love.
- When you'd like to reflect on important relationships in your life, with parents or siblings or a boyfriend/girlfriend.
- When you're faced with important decisions or choices, and want to reflect on how they connect to your faith and values.
- When you're struggling with issues related to abuse: emotion, physical, or sexual.
- When you're wondering how to help a friend who is struggling.
- When you are thinking about your sexuality (including sexual orientation) and how it relates to faith or scripture.