Davidson welcomes talented international students as a vital part of the campus community. The student who has lived and studied abroad has much to share with the faculty and students at Davidson. We look forward to learning more about each international student through the application process.
International Information Sheet
- Prior to enrolling at Davidson, an international applicant should have completed a program of study at the secondary school level expected of a student preparing for university entrance in his or her own country.
- All applicants must take the SAT or the ACT. Test scores must be sent directly to Davidson by the testing agency.
- Non-native English speakers must provide evidence of fluency in English through writing samples and successful performance on the Test of English as a Foreign Language (TOEFL) OR the International English Language Testing System (IELTS). TOEFL or IELTS scores must be sent directly to Davidson by the testing agency.
- If you have attended college and earned credit toward an undergraduate degree, your application will be considered as a transfer application. Please note that due to the limited number of spaces available to transfer students, it is a rare exception that international students are admitted as transfer applicants. Financial assistance is not available for international transfer students.
- International applicants must submit the Certification of Finances form, which is required for issuance of an I-20 to admitted students. Please be aware of delays inherent in international mailings and be timely in the application process.
The College Board number for Davidson College is 5150.
NO APPLICATION FEE IS REQUIRED of international applicants. An applicant who is a U.S. citizen for whom the fee is a financial hardship may request a fee waiver from his or her guidance office.
A very limited number of students who are non-U.S. citizens receive financial assistance each year. This assistance varies in amount and takes into account a combination of financial need and merit.
If you wish to apply for financial assistance from Davidson, you must complete the online CSS/Financial Aid PROFILE or the International Student Financial Aid Application and the Certification of Finances 2013-2014.
International applicants may also pursue merit-based scholarship opportunities discussed in the Merit-Based Scholarships Form.
Do not hesitate to email our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or call toll-free (800-768-0380) for additional information.