All students desiring to park on campus are required to register their vehicles with the Davidson College Police Department. These vehicles must be registered within 48 hours of the student's arrival on campus. Use the link on the right to register your vehicle online.
• Student decals are valid from August 1 through July 31st of each academic year. Employee parking passes are valid to all active employees.
• There is a $3.00 charge for all replacement vehicle decals.
Payment of registration fee for students:
Valid August 1 through July 31.....................$50.00 fee for regular student parking
Valid August 1 through July 31.....................$25.00 fee for limited parking (Ramsey Lot and 3rd Bay of Baker)
Temporary parking permits are available at the Campus Police Office. The visitor must also obtain a free copy of the Parking Rules and Regulations. They may not park in areas authorized to fire lanes, on grass, sidewalks, and other areas designated as No Parking Zones. Temporary permits should be displayed by hanging them from the rear view mirror.
Handicapped Parking Spaces
Vehicles are required to display a North Carolina "Handicapped" license plate or a Davidson College "Handicapped" permit (temporary). Handicapped permits are available at no charge in the Campus Police Office.
▪ Student parking spaces are marked with white lines.
▪ Students are permitted to park in areas designated as employee parking from 6:00 p.m. -5:00 a.m. weekdays and from 6:00 p.m. Friday - 5 a.m. Monday. With the exception to Vail Commons, which is a 24/hour staff lot and Laundry, 6am-1pm (staff only) Saturday and Sunday.
▪ Students are not permitted to park in faculty/staff spaces during holidays or college breaks.
▪ NOTE: Any student vehicle parked in any employee lot after 5:00 a.m. on weekdays will be towed at owner expense.
▪ Employee parking spaces are marked with yellow lines.
▪ Visitor parking spaces are marked with red lines. Visitor spaces are closed to students and faculty/staff.
Loading/Unloading at Residence Hall Quad
Parking around residence halls is restricted to loading and unloading in conjunction with designated days for moving in or out. Anyone having to load or unload heavy items outside of this time frame must report to the Campus Police to obtain a special pass. Any vehicle parked outside of the specific times will be ticketed and/or towed.
Patterson Court Parking
Parking in the fire lane along Patterson Court is prohibited. One must report and obtain permission from Campus Police Office and not exceed 15 minutes.
Davidson College assumes no responsibility for the care or protection of any vehicle or its contents while operated or parked on campus. For greatest protection, remove keys and valuables, and lock the vehicle when it is unattended. Valuables, if not removed, should be secure in the trunk of the vehicle. Thefts should be reported immediately to Campus Police at 911.
A complete copy of Davidson College Parking Rules and Regulations can be obtained by calling extension 2178, or when vehicle is registered with Campus Police.